To bring together martial artists to foster technique exploration and refinement; historical accuracy in martial arts evolution, sharing of instructional methodology and assistance in rank, title, and operational certification.
It is the intent of SCMAA to support the efforts of those legitimate martial arts organizations, schools and individuals who have lost their ties with their previous organization and find themselves without the ability to advance their training and promotion status. Politics and egos have long eroded the martial arts and resulted in the need for an organization that will promote martial arts focusing on strong training principles, ethical treatment of membership, adherence to promotion guidelines and the implementation of those standards that ensure a respect for the martial arts.
- Promoting community awareness of martial arts participation
- Support martial art endeavors by organizations, schools and individuals
- Engage in projects considered necessary to accomplish our mission
- Improve technical standards within the martial arts communities
- Develop and make available media for instructional purposes
- Create youth foundation to promote and foster youth awareness and participation in the martial arts
- Promotion of women in the martial arts community
— Shihan Thomas Bentley